Pressure Chamber Is Back!
Five diverse and exciting companies kick off Forward Fest by competing in this popular pitch program in front of an all-star panel of investor judges. The champion wins the coveted “golden suitcase” to join the Chamber’s exclusive delegation to San Francisco in October for meetings with top Silicon Valley venture capitalists.
The winning company is chosen by a combination of judges’ scoring and audience votes. New this year is the opportunity for audience members to ask questions of our presenting companies.
Past Pressure Chamber winners have credited the initiative for helping their company close successful funding rounds. Additionally, Pressure Chamber has been recognized by both the International Economic Development Council and Steve Case’s Rise of the Rest Summit as an entrepreneurship and economic development best practice. Participating companies have included EatStreet, Propeller Health, Redox, Datica, Fetch Rewards, HealthMyne, Cardigan, AkitaBox, Moxe, DotCom Therapy, Fishidy, bluDiagnostics, POLCO and more.
For more information about Forward Fest, please visit http://www.forwardfest.org/
For additional questions, contact:
Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce
Applications for Pressure Chamber 2018 are now closed.
The 2018 Pressure Chamber finalists are:
- AmebaGone – Harnesses the power of the soil microbiome to develop safe, sustainable solutions to treat plant disease.
- Breathe For Change – Co-creates the global education system of the future in which all students and teachers unleash the potential of their mind, body and spirit, with trainings that certify educators as experts in wellness and social-emotional learning and a platform that empowers teachers to transform their lives, relationships and communities.
- DataChat – Democratizes data analytics by allowing users to glean insights from data by simply holding a conversation with a chatbot in plain English and enabling business users to “drive” through data using a (patented) conversational approach, discovering patterns they couldn’t have before and in a timely fashion.
- GymDandy – Helps parks, schools and sport complexes sell, schedule and manage their athletic space online, making booking a gym, field, diamond, rink or court as easy as booking a hotel room.
- LÜM – A social music discovery application that focuses exclusively on the growth of emerging artists and gamifies music streaming for the next generation of fans and musicians.
Pressure Chamber is presented by Michael Best & Friedrich LLP.
With support from the State of Wisconsin Investment Board, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, American Family Ventures, Baird Capital, 4490 Ventures, HealthX Ventures, Lindsay Stone & Briggs and Rock River Capital Partners.