Pressure Chamber Is Back!
The Chamber has announced the five finalists competing in this year’s Pressure Chamber startup pitch event, which will take place at the Overture Center Aug. 21 during the Forward Festival as part of neXXpo. These talented companies are all dedicated to solving global challenges and serve as great examples of the innovation and entrepreneurial spirit that are flourishing in Greater Madison.
In addition to receiving the coveted “golden suitcase,” the winning company will also earn a spot on the Chamber’s exclusive Madison-area startup delegation to San Francisco this October for meetings with top Silicon Valley venture capital firms.
In its three years, participating Pressure Chamber companies have gone on to raise more than $105 million from investors. Each Pressure Chamber winner — Fishidy, bluDiagnostics and POLCO — has credited the initiative for helping their company close successful funding rounds. Additionally, Pressure Chamber has been recognized by both the International Economic Development Council and Steve Case’s Rise of the Rest Summit as an entrepreneurship and economic development best practice.
“The Pressure Chamber competition was a game-changer for Fishidy. Not only did it help us secure and close an outside financing round, but it gave us valuable experience in pitching in these types of settings. As a result we were selected to other prominent pitch events including the Rise of the Rise Tour and Collision 2015.” – Brian Jensen, CEO, Fishidy
For more information about Forward Fest, please visit http://www.forwardfest.org/
For additional questions, contact:
Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce
Pressure Chamber is open to any industry, as long as the company meets the following requirements:
- Must be a member of the Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce
- Must be located in Dane County or plan to locate to Dane County by August 21, 2017
- Must have raised at least $25,000, excluding personal investment by company founders
- Application must be received by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, July 11, 2017
The full application can be accessed at bit.ly/PressureChamber2017
- Cardigan – The business card of the future, an app that enables you to more easily access, update and share your business card information with your connections.
- Curate – Scans public meeting data using artificial intelligence (AI) to identify cutting-edge marketing intelligence for construction firms and vendors, including early, reliable information about new manufacturing facilities, wastewater plant upgrades and renovations to city hall.
- DotCom Therapy – Answers the shortage of speech-language pathologists by providing therapy services to children across the country and around the world through live videoconferencing.
- SimpleMachines – Combines big-data analytics, AI and unstructured data processing into one chip and software framework to develop next-generation programmable chips for the AI era initially targeting the multi-billion data center industry.
- ThirdSpace – Software to help solve core business problems around employee engagement, onboarding and capturing workplace knowledge, all while delivering “Epic culture.”
Pressure Chamber is presented by Michael Best & Friedrich LLP.
With support from the State of Wisconsin Investment Board, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, American Family Ventures, Baird Capital, 4490 Ventures, HealthX Ventures, Lindsay Stone & Briggs, Rock River Capital Partners and Wisconsin Investment Partners.