STEP ASIDE SHARK TANK
The Greater Madison Chamber has selected the most promising early-stage local companies to compete in a pitch contest in front of a live audience. The Pressure Chamber will debut April 8 at the Alliant Energy Center as part of the Chamber’s neXXpo: Business in Fast Forward.
What’s at stake:
The Chamber is leading a delegation of Madison-area startups to Silicon Valley this summer. The winner of the Pressure Chamber will receive a spot on the trip and the opportunity to participate in a series of meetings with high-profile venture capital firms this summer.
How it works:
Applicants had to submit a completed application and had the option of recording a 90-second video of their elevator pitch.
The first round of the contest included private interviews with an expert panel of judges. A select few have been invited to present and compete in the Pressure Chamber before a live audience at the Chamber’s neXXpo: Business in Fast Forward. (See contestant tab) A panel of judges and audience voting will determine the winner and final participant on the west coast trip.
Who should apply:
The Greater Madison Chamber is seeking the most promising early-stage companies in our region that are ready for venture investment. At a minimum, applicants had to have already raised at least $25,000 from private sources (excluding personal investment by company founders). Applicants had to be members of the Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce and be located in Dane County by April 8, 2014.
*For more information on the Chamber’s new membership package designed especially for startups, contact Jana Moore.
For all other questions, contact:
Director, Economic Development
Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce
To be eligible for the Pressure Chamber, companies must:
- Be a member of the Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce
- Be located in Dane County or plan to locate to Dane County by April 8, 2013
- Have raised at least $25,000 in private equity (excluding personal investment by company founders)
- Submit application and 90-second elevator pitch video by the end of business day on Friday, March 7, 2014
Click here to download the application.
Pressure Chamber finalists include:
- Fishidy – Map-based social platform for fishing aficionados of all levels
Brian Jensen, President
- GoStrive – Mobile search app for community activities
James Jackson, President & CEO
- Intuitive Biosciences – Turn-key protein analysis tools for the life science industry
Shawn Guse, CEO
- Murfie – Online marketplace of music, which make CDs and vinyls digitally viable
Matt Younkle, Co-Founder & CEO
- OpenHomes – Discount brokerage directly connecting buyers and sellers through an online platform
Kelda Roys, CEO
- Thalchemy – Technology to enable smartphones to sensory process information like a human brain
Andrew Nere – Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer
The Pressure Chamber is presented by Michael Best & Friedrich.
With support from the State of Wisconsin Investment Board, Accelerate Madison, Capital Entrepreneurs, 4490 Venture, Great Oaks Venture Capital, Kegonsa Capital Partners, Lindsay Stone & Briggs, Venture Investors and the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation.