Endres Manufacturing Company Foundation Gives $82,630 in Grants So Far This Year
Endres Manufacturing Company Foundation is proud to be a part of such a giving community where good people strive to make life better for everyone. We are pleased and proud to announce that during this grant period we have given a total of $55,630 to 13 non-profit organizations. One of our priorities this giving period is to contribute to the new Waunakee Public Library in our home community, so we are pledging $150,000 to sponsor the History Hall in this exciting project. Our family business of Endres Manufacturing Company celebrated it’s 90th birthday in 2016, so we have a long local history, and are eager to share the history of Waunakee with all visitors to the new library. Among the May grant requests awarded are:
- CareNet – $2000 for their new initiative Fathers Matter! program which encourages and supports men who are facing an unplanned pregnancy.
- Centro Hispano – $5000 for their youth programs which provide services for an estimated 250 academically under-performing students in grades 6-12.
- World CranioFacial Foundation – $250 to support a benefit concert to raise money for the cause.
- Holy Wisdom Monastery – $1000 for a tractor mounted skidder winch which is used for ecological restoration.
- Institutional Ministries – $1880 to support their program that works with incarcerated inmates to provide the returning citizen with a completed GED and provide a social readiness to enter the community and workplace.
- Lussier Center – $1500 to support their LEAP 2 College program which offers tutoring, mentoring, and family visits to close achievement gaps for elementary-school and middle-school youth.
- Madison Audubon Society – $1000 for their Forces of Nature: Empowering Kids Through Discovery program, which is a six to twelve week after-school and summer program for elementary and middle school students incorporating STEM concepts and promoting literacy.
- MadREP – $2500 for their Inspire initiative which helps students and educators gain a solid understanding of the career fields available at local businesses in Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Green, Iowa, Jefferson and Sauk Counties.
- Second Harvest Food Bank – $2500 to support their FoodShare (food stamp) Outreach program. This program now accounts for nearly 20% of total meals distributed annually.
- Vera Court Neighborhood Center – donating $5000, with a pledge to donate another $5000 next year as well to support the Vera Vision 2020 campaign, which is committed to providing the resources and support necessary to close the achievement gap for their neighborhood by 2020. This will be accomplished by doubling the size of their overcrowded center, provide one-on-one tutoring and academic case management, and obtaining educational materials and technology.
- Village of Waunakee – $2000 to complete the Waunakee downtown mural along the west-facing wall at Waunakee Furniture. This was produced by Dane Arts Mural Arts which engaged High School at-risk students, High School Art programs, and a community paint day.
- WAGS – $1000 to support their Reading Dog program, which allows students to practice the skill of reading in a relaxed setting.
- Waunakee Public Library – $30,000 with a pledge for 5 years to total $150,000 to build the new library. We will be sponsoring the new History Hall which is a public exhibition and gallery space dedicated to celebrating the history of Waunakee.
These are in addition to pledges and special gifts that were made earlier this year, totaling $27,000:
- $15,000 to Dane County Cultural Affairs Commission,
- $1,000 to sponsor a big brother or sister,
- $10,000 to the Village of Waunakee to commission artists for Trains on Main Street.
- $1000 to Edgewood High School and Queen of Peace for Cubby Wolfe’s (a long-time Foundation board member) memorial.
A sincere “THANK YOU” goes out from the Endres Manufacturing Company Foundation for the diligent work done by area non-profits to make our world a better place. We want you to know that we are sincerely grateful for your mission, your passion, and your diligence to improve the quality of life for so many people. If you know of any non-profit organizations who you think the Foundation could help, please let us know and pass on the word to those non-profits. We are here to help better the community! Grant applications can be found at www.endresmfg.com by following the foundation link. Anyone can contribute to the foundation and 100% of the funds are given back to the community.