Upper Iowa University Employment Opportunity
Upper Iowa University – Madison Center is actively searching for an Admissions Advisor
Admissions Advisor – Madison, WI
Upper Iowa University is conducting a search for an Admissions Advisor in Madison, WI.
The Admissions Advisor is responsible for the active recruitment and admissions advising of prospective students and serves as a representative of Upper Iowa Universities academic programs at outside recruiting events and open houses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise prospective applicants about Upper Iowa’s academic and admission requirements.
- Participate in recruitment travel, representing the University at career and education fairs.
- Participate in outreach events such as open houses, student appreciation events and brown bag events at local businesses.
- Organize and conduct orientations and campus visits.
- Manage and cultivate a geographic recruitment territory.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- A minimum of 1 year prior experience in admissions and recruiting at a college or university is preferred.
- Proven ability to work with individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, significant public speaking experience, and excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Can work independently and within a team.
- Experience with adult students in a non-traditional learning environment is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Madison area is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Send cover letter, resume and contact information for (3) references to email@example.com. Please reference open position: Admissions Advisor – Madison. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Upper Iowa University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.