Chamber Joins Federal Call to Action for Innovation
The Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce joined more than 250 organizations in business, education, science, industry and engineering in signing “Innovation: An American Imperative.” This statement is a national call to action to strengthen federal policies as well as find sustainable investment channels for research and development that fund important innovation. A similar statement was released in 2007. The Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce is the second city chamber in the country to sign on to the initiative.
CEOs from around the country joined the effort including signatories below:
- Samuel R. Allen, Chairman & CEO, John Deere
- Norman R. Augustine, Co-Chair, Restoring the Foundation
- Wes Bush, Chairman, President & CEO, Northrop Grumman
- Kenneth C. Frazier, Chairman & CEO, Merck & Co., Inc.
- Marillyn A. Hewson, Chairman, President, & CEO, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Charles O. Holliday, Chairman, Royal Dutch Shell plc
- Joseph Jimenez, CEO, Novartis
- W. James McNerney, Jr., Chairman of the Board & CEO, The Boeing Company
- Satya Nadella, CEO, Microsoft
- Jay Timmons, President and CEO, National Association of Manufacturers
This initiative focuses on important areas of the Chamber’s most recent legislative agenda including:
- Ending sequestration’s deep cuts to federal investments in R&D
- Making permanent a strengthened federal R&D tax credit
- Reforming U.S. visa policy
- Stimulating further improvements in advanced manufacturing
For a complete copy of the statement, see here.